Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Impressions of Non-Fiction Literature

I think I have always grown up thinking that non-fiction literature is boring. However, I think that idea comes from associating non-fiction with text books. I remember that when I was in fourth grade I read a biography about Grant Hill, a professional basketball player. After reading that book I started becoming interested in reading about people, especially athletes. I think my love of history has also lead me to some great non-fiction readings. Students can find passion for non-fiction and informative books if they start reading about what they are interested in. I think that there are a lot of really fun and interesting non-fiction books that children will really enjoy. It is important to really be positive and excited about reading these books because students do listen to what teachers say. The non-fiction/informative books really have an important place in the classroom because they can really compliment text books, which can be boring, and allow for children to learn and enjoy what they study.

No comments: